Tuesday, September 22, 2015

2015 Topps Heritage Minors

Last night I was greeted with a box on my front porch when I got home from work. I actually wasn't expecting the box until maybe today, but I was happy to see that my 2015 Topps Heritage Minors box showed up. I haven't had a chance to really go through and look for the short prints (#'d 201-225), but I figured I would start with my other hits.



First off my relic card I pulled is of Cincinnati Reds #2 prospect, Robert Stephenson. He is ranked as high as 16 overall (Baseball Prospectus) and low as 24 (MLB) in their top 100 prospects going into this season. Drafted out of high school in 2012 in the first round 27th overall. He has climbed through the minors and made it to AAA this season. His two best pitches is his fastball that can touch upper 90's and his his curveball that hits the low 80's with good break.


My first autograph is of Pittsburgh Pirates prospect Erich Weiss. Weiss was drafted in 2013 in the 11th round by the Pirates and has made it to AA this season. His career minor league slash line isn't all that bad being .281/.360/.364. The slugging percentage is what is holding Weiss back. He hasn't hit for really any power, but has stolen 40 bags in his minor league career.


Michael Gettys is actually the one name I was a little familiar with when I pulled his autograph. I have heard his name pop up a few times on my instragram page. He was a 2nd round pick in the 2014 draft to the San Diego Padres. He is currently ranked 8th overall in their system according to mlb.com. Gettys received plus grades in his speed, arm strength, and bat speed going into the draft. He was clocked going 6.43 in a 60 yard dash and hit 100 mph on an outfield throw. He downside is his pitch recognition. If he can start to recognize better pitches his bat should start to come around with his plus bat speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment