Monday, March 2, 2015

#MyCardMonday

My brother-in-law, The Snorting Bull, has started a #mycardmonday where you show one of your favorite cards every Monday. He has been doing this for awhile now and has challenged people to start doing it as well. I figured why not starting doing this with a card that is connected to him.

A little background before we get to the card. Growing up as a kid I would buy a pack of cards here and there, but wasn't really much of a collector. I had a maybe 100-150 cards and when I went off to college for one year I was going through somethings trying to figure out what I wanted to do. I had no money and that Christmas of 2010 Eric (my bro-in-law) helped me sell my cards. Now fast forward to March of 2012 I decided to get into collecting. That March I was in North Carolina visiting family and told Eric I was interested in starting a collection.


I showed Eric a few cards that I had but they were nothing special. Well about a month later Eric tweeted me a picture of this Cabrera Triple Threads card. He told me he actually had a couple copies (if I remember correctly) of this card. Then he dropped some of the best news as a collector. He  said he would give me one of them. Being a Detroit Tigers fan or just a baseball fan in general you know how special of a player Miguel Cabrera is and as a baseball card collector his cards usually aren't very cheap.

Thank you Eric a.k.a The Snorting Bull for helping me out with my journey of collecting baseball cards and reintroducing me back into this great hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment