Thursday, July 30, 2015

Collecting Detroit Tigers: Victor Martinez


Out of everyone on the Detroit Tigers since 2011, Victor Martinez has been my favorite player. I really love how he is a fighter at the plate and rarely strikes out. He has came up clutch for the Tigers and has added much needed protection to Miguel Cabrera. One of my favorite cards of V-Mart's to collect is from the Topps Museum Collection. This card here is the quad relic from the 2015 series. I believe I added 3 or 4 of them from last year as well. Sometimes it is just white uniform pieces, but other times it has a pinstripe or part of the Old English D or the Detroit logo from an away jersey. All in all I tend to try to added a card or two now from this series.

I am glad to see V-Mart back in the lineup and producing. After coming back from the DL he has really swung the bat well for the Tigers. They need his bat while Miggy is on the DL. For the past month he has put up .285/.338/.455 with 4 home runs and 13 RBIs.

No comments:

Post a Comment